Summers are tough times for you as well as for your vehicle. The scorching sun can have a very bad effect on your vehicle’s paint as well as on its upholstery. Hot weather can affect your vehicle’s performance. Further, it can make driving unpleasant for you. Ants Auto detailing, one of the highly experienced car detailers Perth feels that by being careful and watchful, you will be able to avoid breakdowns and car problems that the hot weather bring along with it.
Here are some suggestions that will help you protect your vehicle during summers.
- If possible, park your car in the shade. This is easier said than done. But, try your best to find a shady place for your vehicle, especially when you are parking it for a long time.
- To protect your upholstery, use windshield sun shades. These are removable pieces of framed fabric that can cut down the sunlight and protect your upholstery. They are legally safe to use. Also, you can use throwovers and other protective coverings that are available in the market for preventing any damage to your car’s upholstery.
- Keep your battery hydrated. Yes, that’s right. Being one of the oldest car detailers Perth, we have met many people who have never thought of adding some battery fluid or distilled water to their cars’ battery during summers. Excessive heating can shorten the life of your battery and even damage the other structures. During summers, the fluid of your battery evaporates at a faster rate. This fluid has to be replaced frequently in order to make it run as much as it should. Take your car to an expert or if you have a vehicle that needs liquid top-ups, add distilled water regularly.
- Keep your battery clean. Summers are dry and dust and dirt can be found all around. Dust can settle on your battery and affect its functioning. Take your vehicle to a car detailer Perth at least once every month to get your car including the battery thoroughly cleaned.
- The coolant of your vehicle also has to work hard during summers in order to keep your vehicle’s cooling system working perfectly. The coolant and the distilled water ratio should be 50:50 but during summers, water evaporates quickly. We therefore, strongly recommend you to get the coolant replaced at least once a year, preferably when summer begins. Keep checking the coolant level frequently during summer months in order to avoid any breakdowns.
- Get your car detailed thoroughly. Ask your car detailer Perth about getting your car’s body coated with a protective coating. A wax coating can prevent the paint from fading during summers. Also, getting your upholstery coated can prevent them from cracking and fading. Detailing can help keep your vehicle’s internal structure clean, thereby making your car run as efficiently as it should.
- You can also get your vehicle’s windows tinted to minimise the amount of sunlight that enters your vehicle. The less the heat enters your vehicle, the less will be the effect of summers on its interior.
We hope this blog helps you protect your car during summers. For more such car care tips, keep reading our blog. To get your car detailed thoroughly during summers, get in touch with us at 0417 920 546.